Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

11



Como se dice.....FiEsTa!!!

We celebrated Mexican style this year for Dawson's birthday! It was truly his day for whatever he wanted to do. We started last night.....yes, last night. We stayed up till midnight to get the last hugs from my 10 year old! We talked about what he thought he'd like to do when he turned 11. He said he wants his dad to take him fishin'.

Special birthday breakfast was home made donuts, requested by the birthday boy. And dinner was of course tacos with his garden jalapenos....

I couldn't resist the big hot pepper pinata.........


Gifts were great too! He got some dinero from grandma, and Papa and Tutu gave him an 1897 peso that his great great grandfather bought in the 1960's. He thought that was pretty cool!
I made 2 birthday cakes......one was edible. I don't know what happened to my first attempt. It never got higher than an inch tall. The second came out perfect! It's a recipe Troys grandmother used to make.
Well, now I have a whole year of learning what an 11 year old can do. Should be an interesting journey! Dawson is such a great kid, I'm proud of him! He looks like me, has his dads humor, cooks like a pro, Spirit filled, loves his cat, Lego building kid!
Happy Birthday Dawson......xoxox MOM :)


1 comment:

~Kimberly~ said...

what a neat way to spend his day...HB to Dawson...tho he doesn't even know who I am...Hee hee! We had a BDay for our youngest..he turned 8 on Friday.
have a great weekend!