Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

My Story

While looking for pictures of Dawson the other day, I found so many other pictures that I thought would be fun to blog about.

So I guess I'll start from the beginning....


This is our wedding day......Yes, I got married in pants. No, I was not married before. :)

Troy and I got married when I was 28 and he was 37. We were the last of all our friends to get married. We didn't have any showers or bridesmaids or groomsmen. We didn't want to go through any of that stuff, we just wanted to get married.

Troy and I had our first date in Oct. and we got married in Jan. ( 3 months later ) I know, crazy huh!

We were going to elope right up to about a week before. Then we ended up just having immediate family coming to this cute little chapel. I'm glad we did that. It was the best wedding ever!



(you can click the pictures for a larger view )
I was a hair stylist, I guess I still am, just not a working one. :) And Troy was in construction. He was the superintendent on a job, building a salon I was going to manage. He caught my eye....he had big shoulders, and his eyes showed me how sweet his heart was. I was hooked! :) So, I guess our story started at that moment. :)


2 comments:

~Kimberly~ said...

Awe....that is the sweetest story in the world! I love it...and you two look great together and still do. I love the fact that you said it right out, "Yes, in pants!" You are so real, Beth!
Thanks for sharing some of your life story..what a good idea.

greg said...

i think i wore blue jeans because thats all i could afford. ;) thats my story and i'm sticking too it.