Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

the last bedtime kiss

Tonight when tucking in Dylan, I told him that this was going to be the last kiss he gives me good night when he is 5. So I told him I want to remember it. He gave me a big hug and kiss good night, and I thought, that was that moment, no biggie right?


Wrong....


He started to get those huge brown puppy dog eyes and then he tried to hold back the tears....


I asked him why he was crying and he said he didn't want to grow up, he wanted to go back to 2 or three years old, back in the good ol' days.


MOM: what made those days better than now?

DYLAN: oh you know.....dad was younger then, and he played games with me. now all he says is," get to bed".

MOM: (trying hard not to giggle but look concerned)

DYLAN: I don't want this to be the last kiss when I'm 5

MOM: this may be the last one at 5, but I'm going to get 364 good night kisses when your 6!

DYLAN: Is it morning yet?

MOM: get to bed!!






1 comment:

greg said...

nicely written blog. I like the sad begining and the funny twist at the end. :]