Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Mario Party 8

My middle boy turned 8 years old today. I'm so proud of that kid! We have been working on a birthday party for a couple weeks and it all came together pretty good.
The theme was Mario Party.
Not a lot of stuff out in the stores with Mario Bros. so I had to search the internet and do some late night stressing....Ehem....brainstorming.
This was what we came up with..
I finally found red ball caps just two days before the party. I was going to embroider the M patch on the front but time was a tickin' so we used felt and a glue gun instead. I found the mustaches the night before the party at the dollar store....it was attached to a nose and glasses that I had to take apart.Then tape some elastic to hold on the mustache. (The string kept breaking and nobody wore them except for pictures)


And then sometimes not even then :)

The decor was like in the game, stars, coins, bricks and gold boxes


We played "mini games"







We ate pizza and spaghetti...Mario is Italian :)
I made cupcakes and brownies and cherry slushies.





Great day for the birthday boy!

Boys party for sure....

2 comments:

Megan said...

This looks like so much fun Beth! I hope you are doing well!

greg said...

A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO Dylan.
Great pictures.