Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

cookies

I wanted to bake Christmas cookies with the kids tonight. I have been looking for recipes that are dairy free for Caitlin because she has a terrible milk allergy. I finally found one but I have to have a cookie press to make them. No problem I'll run right up to Wal mart. 3 stores later I end up at Tuesday Mornings and find one. I am so excited, I start getting everything out I need but can't find one beater for my mixer. Troy said he saw Caitlin with it the other day, who knows where it is now. I use the only one I have. I get out my nifty new cookie press load it up with dough and I get about 6 cookies on my cookie sheet and the handle stops working. Urgh!! Now I have a refrigerator full of dough a broken press and no cute little picture of Christmas cookies to post. anyway.......
School was good today. We are doing a unit study on "The Velveteen Rabbit". It goes with the giving theme of December. We are also going over the symbols of Christmas. our books today were "The Legend of the Candy cane" by Lori Walburg and "The Fir Tree" by Hans Christian Andersen. We are going over fact , fiction and personification. They will write a story about their favorite toy coming to life and make a movie of it. Home schooling is fun isn't it!
Bible verse this week...Psalms 100:1-3 Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness come before Him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God

No comments: