Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

I am an official Sunday School Teacher. (applause applause)
I will be in the 3/4 year old room pulling out my hair teaching the word of God. :)
Funny story......
For some reason Caitlin did not want to go to her class last Sunday unless I stayed right by her side. I tried to leave her, but her bottom lip was so big, and tears were falling down her cheeks. I couldn't do it. So I stayed during play doh time and snack time and story time. Then the question was popped to me about teaching the next quarter, which starts next Sunday. Oh......Umm.....well.......sure....came out of my mouth but my mind wasn't agreeing with it.
I sat at this tiny table in a tiny chair with my knees up to my chin next to Caitlin. Then another little girl came to sit next to us, then 2 little boys, and then another little girl. We sat there and looked at each other for a while and during the awkward silence I asked one of the girls a question. The two boys answered it. So I asked the two boys a question and after they answered with a question, the other little girls answered their question. (did you get all that?!?) I think we were bonding. I found out that one girl can swim to the steps while another little boy can go across his pool holding his breath the whole way, and I don't even remember asking them if they could swim?!?
Today, I met up with the 2 other ladies that will be teaching with me, and we decorated the room in a farm theme. I started warming up to the idea of being a Sunday School Teacher. It didn't seem to be so scary. Might even be fun......

5 comments:

greg said...

You know what they say...if the shoe fits...I am not suprised one bit that they asked you to teach at your Church and i am happy as ever for you. This has to be one of those God things you've talk about. :)

Tammy said...

You will love that class! Mark and I were in there for YEARS and they are just so fun! YEAH! I am so excited for you and I know that you will do a great job - what took you so long??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janice said...

You're going to love it. I've been teaching for years. You will learn so much.

Beth said...

Ha! you all made me smile this morning.....thanks:)

carandavis said...

Yay! I'm glad you're going to be in that class and hopefully you'll be in there when Madilyn starts next year. Next year? Oh my gosh ... that doesn't seem possible!