Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The worst day ever!

Well I had the worlds worst thing that could happen, happen.
I went to Publix the other day with Caitlin. I was pushing her in the cart when this lady walking up to us asked me if I was Caitlin's GRANDMOTHER!!! WHAT?!
Hmmmm. I said noooooo, she's my daughter. She went off talking about her grand kids but to be honest I never heard a word she said, I just kept nodding my head and smiling.
Her Grandmother! Her Grandmother?!? URGG! She could have at least asked me if I was her mother, even if she was thinking I was the granny, then if I was, I would have felt good about myself. But being asked if I was the grandmother, well, I'm really upset!!
I walked away from the lady and looked at Caitlin and she said, "I'm not your granddaughter!!"
I wonder if the lady knew by the look on my face that I was shocked.
I still am.....I need some serious chocolate......

3 comments:

carandavis said...

I laughed out loud when I read this. How ridiculous!

greg said...

loved it!!! roflol :)

~Kimberly~ said...

Awww...How absolutely silly! I can tell you why she said that...It's b/c all your 'WISDOM' was showing...and she probably didn't have her glasses on, hadn't looked in the mirror lately and definitely couldn't afford botox for her own self!
I've always thought you are a beautiful mom!