Pages

Friday, August 8, 2008

8-8-8

Some days are good, and some days are very good. I am happy to say that this was a very good day for us. Can everybody say 76 degrees!! Cool air is in the house!! And it feels soooo good!

I don't know how anyone got by without air in days past. They must have always been at the watering hole fishin' and swimin'. I always thought I would have liked to live in the days of little house on the prairie........yeah right, I wouldn't last a week. My bread machine broke a month ago and I have to make bread by hand now. I thought I was a real pioneer lady on the homestead. You can take my bread machine but not my air conditioning!

So how do you celebrate finally having air after not having it for over a week? You leave the house to go out in the sun all day and go swimming. Still, to walk into the House and have "cool" meet you at the door........priceless!

So I think I will spend the rest of the night watching the numbers on my thermostat go down. It puts a smile on my face!


1 comment:

greg said...

nice blog! glad to hear the A/C is back. I miss those old episodes of "little house on the prarrie" There are times when I am working on a jobsite that I feel like Charles must of felt working hard miles from home to provide for his family, but like you, I probably wouldn't last a week either. They worked way to hard back in the day.