Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

pics from troy




Pink sky at night is a sailors delight........This was last nights sky, and boy was today a gorgeous day. Finally after all the rain this past week, we got some sunshine! I don't know about you but when your stuck inside for days with rain and wind, it can get you down in the dumps. A sunny day was just what the Dr. ordered!

It rained day and night here for at least 4 days. And the genius that I am, I left my car door open all night long one of those nights. Not my little passenger door but the big sliding side door on my van, with car seats, floors, seats, carpet everything exposed to nothing but pouring down rain in a tropical storm. I can remember getting all the kids out of the car that night in the rain and looking back to see if the door shut, because I use the button on my key chain to shut and lock the door. It looked shut to me, either I pushed the button to open it again by accident or something was in the way when the door shut and it reopened itself.

Here's how I find out... It's Friday and that means bagels, but it's raining so bad we decide to cancel till lunch. At noon, the kids and I go out to the car, OPEN the door to get in and the place is flooded, Caitlin's car seat, the seats the doors the backseats....everything! I'm thinking the door must have a leak, (duh) but how did it get in the back? DUUHHH! We are late getting to bagels because, well......everything is WET! We get home and the phone rings, it's my neighbor calling from work to tell me she forgot to call earlier but when she left that morning she saw my door wide open and thought "that's not right" and shut it for me. ( HAHA are you laughing yet)

Thank goodness for febreeze! And kind neighbors who will get out in the rain to shut your car door when you have had a major blond moment!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Yikes! That is one you will probably not be able to let down...I pray that all is ok now. Febreeze is a wonderful thing! We are thankful that y'all are ok after the storms. Enjoy the sunshine. It's amazing how beautiful everything is after a storm both physically and spiritually! Ahhhh...Love you, Tammy A.

greg said...

those are beautiful pics. too bad about the flooded van; hope it didn't do too much damage. Sounds like you got some good neighbors thats for sure. nice blog. :)