Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

Cupcake Week

I have been baking the last few days. I think it's the cold weather. We have been enjoying hot cocoa and cupcakes. I know it's a big switch from the whole wheat grass thing. ( I am such a sanguine )



Anyway....I got to thinking that a week of cupcakes would be fun to blog about! Now my recipes are vegan, only because little Caitlin is allergic to milk and eggs, but so far the rest of the brood has not complained one bit. So here we go..........



Mondays cupcake...Frosted Lemon



Ingredients:
1 lemon
1 1/2 C flour
1 C sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
6 Tbs. oil
1 tsp. vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla
water

Directions: mix flour, sugar, and baking soda in bowl. in another bowl grate all the lemon peel then cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl. Add 1 cup of water to the lemon mixture. pour the lemon mixture into the flour and add the oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Mix well and pour into muffin cups. Bake 25 min. at 350*

My frosting is just powdered sugar with a tiny bit of soy milk and vanilla, but I bet some cream cheese frosting would be really good on these. The next time I use this recipe I think I will add blueberries.



enjoy!

No comments: