Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

Gods Gift

Last Sunday at church I found out that Dawson gave all his money in the offering. I asked him why he did that and he said because when you give you get a blessing. And I thought to myself, well, Lord, this is between you and him.


Lately, Dawson has had some time with friends... and their pets. There has been dogs, hamsters, birds etc. and he has become attached to these fury creatures and has asked for one for his birthday. We haven't thought of a pet because of Dawsons allergies, and left the subject alone. SO, do you want to know what happened today?


Troy calls from work and says, "I've been hearing a cat meow all day around this truck from one of the workers on the job, but every time he went to the truck it would stop." finally, after searching for this cat, it comes crawling out from under the engine. It's a little kitten! Troy is not a cat person but I heard in his voice he was not going to leave it behind. I said NO WAY! He said maybe my mom would like it. He calls me again on the way home,"I can't get in touch with my mom, I'll take it to my dad at the office. Dad said NO WAY! so he brings this kitten home, and the kids went nuts! Dawson eyes were tearing up so much, he ran into the bathroom and stayed there for so long I went in to get him.


Mom: You want to keep the cat don't you?

Dawson: Well I have been praying about 15 times asking God to let me keep it.


so we are going to leave it on the porch ( after I gave it a good bath) and test Dawsons allergies out with it. He is so excited, I don't even know how to blog it in words!


By The Way: Troy talked to the guy that drove the truck and he told him that where his main office is, there was a mother cat that had kittens and the secretary was feeding them. He said the cat must have crawled up under the car when he left that morning for work.....almost 200 miles away! We believe, that God delivered this little birthday present right to Dawson, the bible says in Luke 6:38, Give and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.


That is the God I serve! He is so good! We have named him Sammy because he is God's gift to Dawson.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome name!!:-) I NEVER thought I'd see the day when y'all had a furry friend. But with God ALL things are possible. We pray that it all works out for all of you. What a blessing. Love you, Tammy A.

greg said...

Wow, I like that blog. Happy
Birthday to Dawson. :)