Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

a stuffed pumpkin


You start with a pumpkin and take out the insides....




Then fill it with a "stuffing" and bake for an hour and a half.



Put it on a pretty plate and serve.


I toasted the seeds and made some homemade bread to go along....total comfort food!


My stuffing:
about 1 lb. cooked hamburger
about 2 cups cooked rice
diced onions
diced green peppers
mushrooms
about 1 cup dried stovetop dressing
1 can creamed soup
salt / pepper
few shakes of soy sauce

mix it up and put it all in the pumpkin....cook 350 degrees.


My friend Tammy did this for her family last week and it looked too fun to cook! I don't think you could mess this recipe up in any way, I even cheated and used publix frozen bag of chopped up onion and green peppers and their bag of frozen mushrooms! If I do it again I am thinking some cooked sausage would be good in it.

3 comments:

greg said...

whoa, that looks tasty. I can't wait to get a pumpkin tomorrow and try it :)

Tammy said...

Mmmm - we are making this again soon! So yummy!

Tammy said...

Yeah! I'm so glad that you made that. I am going to try and surprise Bryan with it next week, since he is actually suppose to be in town all week! Praise God! Y'all rock! Love you, Tammy