Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

bead or bubble?

Everybody is getting in bed last night and Caitlin tells me that she has a bubble in her ear. Really? Yes, it hurts really bad. I know that it doesn't hurt because she doesn't even complain or rub her ears ever so I thought it must be water in it from her bath. So we all prayed for Caitlin's ear to feel better. I asked her if the bubble went in while she was taking her bath and she said ," NO, it's not a bubble.....it's a bead!" What do you mean ? She said, "my ring broke and smashed and all over and I put a bead in my ear." I started to think that I haven't seen the ring she got for Easter all day. I didn't remember any beads on it though. Hmmm, sit down Caitlin let me look in your ear. Yep, that's a bead!
All night long I had her sleep with that ear down hoping it would just fall out. I just kept thinking that the Easter ring did not have any beads on it. Then it hit me, her story was right.......about a month ago! She had this ring she wore that was really a doll bracelet, it was beads on a rubber band thing that broke and about 4 beads came off all over the floor. I picked them up and threw everything away......but the one she stuck in her ear!?
It's not a big bead and it's not blocking all her ear canal. I'm pretty sure she can hear.
What do I do now? I have raised 2 boys and not one thing was ever stuck in any part of their body. My little princess gets the job done in three years.
Right now she is dressed up as Cinderella and waltzing all over the house, she says she likes the bead in her ear.
sigh......

3 comments:

janice said...

do you have any sticky dots for scrapbooking? like3 the little glue dots? ok stick on on a q-tip then just touch the bead and it should stick to the glue dot and come right out. Don't press on it just TOUCH it. and use as small a glue dot as possible. if you don't have any , call me I have some

{ LB } said...

did the glue dots work??? those amazing scrapbookers know how to make all those supplies work for everything. that's why we have so much, right? good luck.

greg said...

your little princess "gets the job done in 3 years". you should consider doing some stand up, you got some good material!!! hope that bead falls out soon :)