Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

hangin' out

We are all clean on the back porch. Troy picked up one of those rug dr. steam cleaners and went all out today. We had some trouble with the cat not knowing where his litter box was. We used water and vinegar and the smell is all gone. Whew!
Today I decided to try hanging my clothes outside to dry. I don't have a line (yet) :) so I hung everything on a hanger and stuck a bar between 2 chairs. I did 3 loads of laundry and never turned on my dryer once. I'm hooked! It was really a piece of cake as Dylan would say :) It was nice to not heat up the house in this 90 degree weather. Might as well use it to my advantage. :)
I wonder how much you can save on your electric bill not running the dryer?

2 comments:

greg said...

i don't know how you can do anything in 90 degree weather. I bet the sun can dry them faster than the dryer lol.

Tammy said...

I LOVE having a clothesline and would not want to be without it! The dryer is a waste of electricity, not to mention the wear that it puts on your clothes! You go girl! And get Troy to hang you a line - you will never look back!