Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2009

The night before Mothers Day

I had the best idea ever for Mothers Day. I was going to make the very cute cake pops and put them in a coffee cup complete with tags. Cake pops are small round balls made of cake and frosting mushed together and coated with melted chocolate and put on a stick. Except instead of baking a cake, I used oreo cakesters. Everything was going fine till I tried to put the cakepops on the lollipop stick. Complete disaster!
They broke in pieces, left cake crumbs in the chocolate coating and I began to worry if the shortcut thing was worth it.

Now what? Well you let the kids eat the scrap pile and go back to the store at 6:30 pm. I could not make a decision to save my life......pretty much the only thing left at the stores the night before Mothers Day are wilted flowers and some more wilted 10.00$ flowers.

Friday, I wanted to take a family picture and put it in a frame. That would be a nice gift. I gave everyone their haircuts and wanted everyone to wear a white shirt. Nobody was in the mood to wear white shirts......or get a picture taken. We took 2 pictures. none worked out.


I ended up with a goodie bag filled with chocolates and tea. I'm sure my mom and mother in law doesn't care too much about a gift and just want to spend some time together. Right?!
Happy Mothers Day!


1 comment:

greg said...

Nice pictures!! and I wish you and mom Happy Mothers Day. :) I have visions of the kids enjoying the "scrap pile." You're funny!!!