Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Halloween Pasts

Sorry about the delay in posting this week, minor scanning problems...
I am going out of order again....




As I was looking at pictures this week end I came across some Halloween ones of the boys.
Dawson wore the pumpkin costume when it was his first Halloween, I pulled it out of storage and put it on Dylan for his first Halloween.




Dawson loved dinosaurs. We found this alligator costume at Costco one year but they didn't have his size. We bought one that was 2 sizes too big for him. He wore that thing out! He thought he was a T-Rex!
This was our last Halloween that we went Trick or Treating. When we lived in our apartment, we always went to a friends neighborhood to go out. When we bought our home I thought how nice it would be to just go around our own block and be done with it. I remember trying to get the boys dressed up, and kids were all ready coming to the door, I didn't have my candy ready to pass out, it was chaos for a while so I told my mom to take Dawson and start without me, I was just putting Dylan in his stroller and I would catch up. Dawson went to our neighbors house and then started walking to the next house. I come out see where they were and started heading that way. I just caught up with them when he rang the doorbell. The kid that lived there opened the door and screamed at Dawson with one of those ghost masks that they wear in those scary movies. Dawson started to cry and cry! The mom came to the door and tried her best to make him feel better. Dawson said that was it.....and we went home. Never went out again.
At least we didn't have to walk far. :)

2 comments:

greg said...

life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. Forest Gump.

Beth said...

Ha ha! so true!