Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

My DIY



I've been looking at some great Do it Yourself blogs out there that take old furniture and turn it into something totally cool. Well I thought I'd try it in a small scale. Here is my first try......don't laugh :)




This canvas and candle holder I bought at the thrift store for a whole dollar. If you look up 12 x 12 canvas, they run around $25.00 so at .50 it was a bargain.
First thing I did was paint the canvas white.

Then I had a boutique kinda painting idea come to mind......This is what I came up with.
It now has a home in Caitlin's room.



5 comments:

Casper said...

great job I love it

greg said...

hey thats pretty cool!

Tammy said...

You are so creative! Love it!

Beth said...

Ha HA! Thanks guys :)

Tammy: where you been sista?!?

~Kimberly~ said...

I just love it! how so cute...I'm inspired b/c I've been wanting to do sum stuf lik that in my girls room...