Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Consider it all.......


O.k as you can tell I'm getting into this whole shabby chic thing.
This time, it's with some scrap wood that was going to be thrown away.




The first thing I did was sand it down a little. Then I spray painted it white and distressed the edges with sand paper. I didn't take a picture of the step where I covered the white paint with some stain and wiped it off. It kind of warmed up the white. Then I stenciled the letters on in black.


This picture is two stories in one. I put my blocks outside on my front porch on this rod iron corner shelf. This will be my next project. Troy found this at the thrift store a couple days ago and surprised me with it. He actually said, " I thought you could shabby chic it". I was totally floored by his comment, but happy with his great find of only $4.00! You bet I'll shabby chic that up!
So I have been wondering what this shelf would hold. then I saw this picture....

http://thecreativecrate.blogspot.com/2009/11/thakful-blocks.html

I would have loved to do that, but, it was all about what I already had. This project cost nothing. I had everything on hand. I really like the way they turned out too. I'm thinking a little greenery and some votives and I have a cozy little welcome at my front door.

No comments: