Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

DIY #3

I take terrible before pictures. I'm just so excited to start I forget to do that step. That said....


This was a dresser that Troys Grandpa gave us a while back. It has two drawers on top that I took out. I sanded down the grain and painted it white (of course) and painted the handles that were bronze, a hammered black color.
This is the almost finished project. I want to line the back board with burlap and add some of those cute Pottery Barn lined baskets. I really wish I took a before picture with all the drawers in it. This looks much better! It took a couple cans of white spray paint, the black we had all ready, so I just used it. Total cost about $6.oo. It's going into the boys room.

3 comments:

~Kimberly~ said...

How fun! It looks so nice. I love the idea of taking out the two drawers and putting in baskets. Could you add a photo of the finished piece?? :) :D I want to see it. I'm inspired by you!

greg said...

i wish i had a fraction of your imagination! and I hope you are wearing a respirator mask when sanding and spray painting :)

Beth said...

When It's all pretty I will post a picture. It looks nice in the boys room :) And I probably should get a mask Greg, I just hold my shirt around my nose. Stinky stuff!! :)