Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

working on it....

I finally got around to doing some projects around here. They are not complete but thought it would give me incentive to finish them if I posted what they are.



My friend gave me an old baby doll crib the other day. It's really cute, but, there was some holes in the side and the bottom needs a board and cushion. I started sanding it down and painted the wood. I am going to shabby it up a bit and put it all back together. Caitlin is so excited :)





See the big hole in the side....I've cut new boards with my new jig saw I got for Christmas. :)



This was a thrift store find for a dollar......I've got something in mind for it......





I also bought a pretty frame for a dollar, but for some reason I didn't take a picture of it before I started working on it. I sewed a patchwork backing and monogrammed it. Now I'm trying to find some cork board to stick behind it and use it in Caitlin's room. I can also use it to hold her bows.
( I just sat the frame on the material so you get an idea of what it should look like )

I like the pink polka dots with the zebra print. I'm not usually that bold, trying to think out of the box....


I have a couple other things waiting in line to get finished. I have to put them on the back burner sometimes to finish things like this....




so worth it.....I love my job:)









No comments: