Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Simplify



I forgot to add this one to yesterday's post. I finished it tonight and took some pictures. I'm sure it would look better with the morning light, but , You get the just of it.


I took

The kids bunk bed apart a while back and this board was above the desk part of the bed. It seemed the right size to make a sign. I was going to put "coffee shoppe" then I thought

Bon Appetite would be nice, then Fresh Eggs.....It came down to my motto, Simplify. Well maybe not the motto I live by.....but I think it's important :)



I put it right above the fridge, and it brings a smile to my face every time I walk into the kitchen. You can't really tell in the pictures but it's really distressed.

I painted the board white, then, sanded the edges with my palm sander, then applied a coat of miniwax. That really gives it an old fashioned look. Then I print the letters and cut them out for the stencil. This time I used spray paint. Then I took the sander over the whole thing again. Love it!

1 comment:

greg said...

WOW, you got skills sis.
Your crib project reminds me of the crib i refurbised for Gregory.
I can tell you are very passionate in what you do.