Pages

Friday, December 5, 2008


Day 5 photo....



Our story continues. Troy and I took the kids downtown Thursday to see Glenn Beck. He was signing copies of his book, "The Christmas Sweater". It was fun, something we just normally wouldn't do. We get in the car to come home and it won't start! We sat in the parking lot looking at each other in disbelief. The battery is only 24 hours old! Greaaat! What else can happen?! Troy calls me on his way home from work today and says his van is shaking pretty bad, must be the tires. He didn't know if it was the front or back. We hang up and he calls back about 2 minutes later......He says," It was the back one". The tire blew out on him and he had to put the spare on to get home.

It's a good thing I know God will supply all my needs because right now, I have no clue. It's Christmas time and so far the budget is going towards our vehicles. But, He has never let me down, so I'll just keep praying.

Troy told me again tonight about what happened when the tire blew. He said it happened right after he prayed, "Lord just get me home". I smiled at him and said, "He did"
(I think I'll be more specific) ;)


4 comments:

Tammy said...

You just have to believe that God has a sense of humor! Thank God he was safe, though! We are in the same boat (what is that burning oil smell we keep smelling when we drive??) and are binding and praying with you! In Jesus Name!

janice said...

We had a flat tire on the way home from church in Scottsmore. Thats about 1&1/2 hours drive. We were in the middle of no where. Tim changed the tire we drove on and down the road was a bad accident, We could have been in the middle of that. Sometimes God gives us small problems to help us avoid the big ones. I know this is the way you feel too. I just thought you'd appreciate the story. I'll say an extra prayer for you and the family tonight.

greg said...

continue to trust in God for your needs and continue to bless God for the blessings he has given you.

Tammy said...

Thank the Lord you are being thankful and knowing that the Lord will supply all your needs. At least you weren't in weather that was below zero either!HA! We will pray with you as well. I am thankful for you and how transparent you are on here! Love you!