Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

a new look!

Wow! how do you like the new look? I needed a little cheer on my site........



The time is drawing near and soon it will be Christmas Day! We have been doing some fun things lately, roasting marshmallows outside on the grill was a hit with everyone. Caitlin said it was amazing. It was her first time eating a roasted marshmallow and she licked her lips like a dog eating peanut butter. Sunday school had Christmas parties today, that meant lots of sugar at 10:30 in the morning that didn't wear off all day long! Tonight we had a wonderful service at church where the pastor called all the kids up to the stage and read them the story of the birth of Jesus. It was so cute, even Caitlin went up and sat so big girlish. I am stupid and don't carry a camera with me at all times, so no photo today. ( I'm sure you notice I've stopped playing the whole photo a day thing by now.....too much pressure :))

Tonight I had the talk with Dawson. ( the santa talk that is ) He took it better than than I did telling him. I cried and he hugged me. :) He is wanting a wii, and I just can't do it right now. It was the only thing on his list ( he didn't want to be greedy ) and I didn't want him to be disappointed. He was very helpful at choosing some other toys and we talked for a while. My kids know the real meaning of Christmas is the birth of Christ and that's what we truly celebrate for Christmas. We even bake a birthday cake for Jesus. Santa is just fun for kids, this was just one of many steps of growing up Dawson will take.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I love your new look! Nice and fresh, but are you the type to leave your Christmas lights up til June?? HeeHee! I wish I had gotten up closer to the platform to take pics, cause mine just didn't turn out well from so far away... You can see your kids in my pics,though!