Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008




O.k you probably want an update? I hate it when I check on a blog and nobody updates for days and days at a time. ( Red I'm not talking about you........but if the shoe fits? :P ) So here I am apologizing for the delay in blogging.

I do have a lot to catch up on. First was a nice Thanksgiving with family. I wish I took more some a picture of everything because it was a pretty table setting outside in the sunshine with everybody around. I even made another stuffed pumpkin, because the first one was so darn cute!

Second, A surprise 40th birthday party! Yep, complete with a big heart felt yell SURPRISE when walking in the door. I do have the bestest friends in the world!

Third, I broke my little toe last week end. You don't realize how much you use that little guy, or how often your kids step on your feet through the day, till it's broke.

Forth, The battery died on my car Sunday after church.....in the parking lot.......in the pouring down rain! Did I mention that I have the bestest friends in the world! Oh my gosh it was too funny, I am parked facing the road that everybody exits the church from to get on the main highway. Everybody is waving and smiling at me as I am standing there ( waving and smiling back ) with 1 bar on my cell phone and a husband who is not answering my calls for help! I have 3 kids in the back seat 2 who think we will be stuck there until Jesus comes back and 1 who is enjoying her cupcake that I made her so she could have it during Sunday school which was cancelled because of 1 service for the day. If it wasn't for a sweet friend who asked me why I was limping through the parking lot and if I wanted her umbrella, called her sister to see if she had jumper cables, and their step dad who got really soaked putting the jumper cables on my battery along with a stranger who stopped in to join our little party and help.....we might still be there.

Fifth, I know there's a fifth! I have been asking Ebenezer Troy to get the Christmas tree out of the attic. He said "maybe this week" Like that will happen (roll of eyes) So the kids and I did it ourselves today! Yes with a broken toe and a wobbly ladder we got everything out and up! It could have been a scene from the 3 stooges, me standing on top of the ladder with Dawson reading to me that the sticker clearly says that an injury can occur if you stand on the top step. Then I get up there and the kids leave me to go dance to "Jingle Bells". I have to wait for them because they can't hear me screaming to come back and hold the ladder. Meanwhile I am praying that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me and I try 4 different ways to climb down by myself. It's not that I was scared, but it hurt my toe to squat or step or press down on anything which made it a little difficult.

Which brings us up to date.....

My friend T. found this website and it wants you to post a picture a day from Dec.1-25. Now I am behind so I am posting 2 to kick things off.









The top one wasn't excactly taken on the 1st of Dec. but the one of Dylan sleeping was just now.
(smile) :)



5 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness - I got to start my day off with a great big laugh! You are so funny! Thanks for getting us up to date, poking fun at Red and sharing in the real life of Beth and Co.! Was I one of the ones who smiled and waved - oh, now I have guilt! I am sorry if I did that... Love ya!

Casper said...

Great read this morning, love the picutes. check out my new pictures

janice said...

That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger! Remind me not to get you mad at me. I'm glad you survived it all. Take care of that toe.

greg said...

ya might want to get the alternator checked out. most auto parts stores will check them for free. where did you learn to write so good? nice pictures.

Tammy said...

You really should think about writing a book of funny stories! Laughter is good for the soul and your blog sure helped mine...even if you are a stinker for teasing me! I love you and am thankful that the Lord took care of every situation as usual. Love you, Red