Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's New Years Eve 10p.m.. Troy is asleep and my eyes are getting droopy but the kids are wide awake and ready to ring in the new year!
I usually make pork and sauerkraut on new years eve. It's something my dad and mom did every year so I try to keep up the tradition. The kids won't touch it and Troys not to thrilled with it either so it's pretty much just me that will eat it. I hear the best thing to have on New Years Eve is black eyed peas ( wink to Janice ) ! Publix had 2/$3.00 cans of them on sale today......I almost got them (smile Janice) :) instead I am making bean soup with leftover ham.
Tomorrow is our big oyster party. The family comes over for Troys steamed oysters and laughs. He looks forward to it every year.
I hope everyone has a fun, safe New Year... hugs

3 comments:

janice said...

You should have gotten the black eyed peas. I'm telling you. :)

greg said...

i always liked moms fried pork chops with fried peas. ;)

Beth said...

oh my gosh....I always liked that too! I'm going to have to tell her that!