Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

I was soooo in the mood for strawberry ice cream today! So I made some :) Caitlin is allergic to dairy so I make a lot of her food with soy milk. She liked the ice cream too...unfortunately, she has her mothers appetite! Girls just like to eat......right? I have my friends over and we can chow down some food! ( remember the alfredo night girlz ) That was after we had a bag of chips and salsa and those funky bean things that Helen brought that you could squirt across the room! ( sorry I am laughing out loud right now ) Then we had dessert! 2 of them! Troy doesn't understand my love for food. To him it is a complete inconvenience to eat, no fun at all, waste of time. He's such a stickinthemud! But he's my stickinthemud. :)

I tried making the ice cream without cooking it first because, well, I wanted it NOW! So I used 2 cups soy creamer and about 1 cup sugar and 1 cup frozen strawberries, blended it in the blender and poured in the ice cream maker. In 15 minutes it turned out like a soft serve ice cream but it hit the spot!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Not only do I remember that night and am laughing with you, I have found myself wondering when we are going to do it again. I thought during the holidays, but too much going on then! So, what about it? We can do it here this time or wherever - girls night!!!

Tammy said...

Ok, now ladies are you trying to make me cry on purpose! HA! I am laughing too, but my mouth is watering for those bean thingys as well as your awesome food and friendship. All I can say is please put my picture on a chair and pretend I'm there with y'all when you do get together, k?;-) Love and miss you, Red