Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Big Day

We had a fun anniversary today! I tried my best to keep a "12" theme going the whole day. I woke up Troy at midnight to tell him "it starts now". Don't feel too bad for him, he went to bed at 11:30. :) We had planned the day ahead of us but sometimes things don't go as planned and you turn to plan B.
I wanted to start the day at Starbucks for a 12 oz. coffee. I have never been to Starbucks and I got 2 gift cards at Christmas that I thought would be fun to use. Well we got a call from a family member who wanted to give us there 36 inch t.v.. O.K. no brainer there! So we took the Morning to get that! very cool...Thank you A.T.!!
We're ready to celebrate now, let's get out and go! We head out and while waiting at a red light, Troy said," your mirror looks funny" talking about the drivers side, side view mirror. He rolls down the window and the mirror falls off the car and into his hands! He hangs it inside the car door and asks me if I have a pair of plier cutters.........right! A trip to to PepBoys for some epoxy glue and we are off again! Woo who! Let's get this day goin'!
So next we thought we would get some food......We had our hearts set on Carrabas ( another gift card ) so we head there to find out they don't serve till 3:00. It was 1:00, what to do? Where do we go? Are you ready for this...............Subway, 5 dollar footlongs (hey it's a 12 thing!)
and after waiting what felt like 12 minutes in line, we get our food and eat. While we were sitting there, a little girl about 2 decided she wanted to sit with us. Cute little thing that made herself very comfortable next to me and waited there until, well, until I had to boot her out! I guess her family didn't care that she was with total strangers that were trying to eat their lunch without their own kids?!? geesh! :)
O.k. time for gifts! I always wanted the decals of stick people on the back of my van. You know, the dad, mom, kids and pets. Well I now have them! I got Troy a sign that I want him to put up that says "welcome to paradise" . It's a gag gift with a pink flamingo and it just makes me laugh when I see it.
How about that coffee? Na, getting to late in the day to have coffee. I'm up all night as it is, I don't need caffeine at 2:00 to pull an all nighter. That will have to wait another day, along with carrabas. We had to pick up the kids and get them home. We are thinking Valentines day, we will try again.
Like the sign says, "welcome to paradise"

4 comments:

janice said...

Toooo funny, but Happy anniversary.

{ LB } said...

Your day sounds like what marriage is all about. It never turns out like you planned but it sure is fun anyways.

greg said...

epoxy...2.79
two subs at subway...12.00
a little time to yourselves...priceless

Beth said...

Your so funny greg!